Monday, October 17, 2011

I'll have a side of..."Get me the heck out of here!!!"

How many guest appearances can I make on the blog without being called a guest? In fact, the question should be...why did I ever consider myself to be a guest on my own blog? Anyways... I am back and have some random thoughts to share. Life has been pretty busy lately, but the other night something random happened that had Jenna laughing pretty hard.

It was 6:00 am and a loud crashing noise came from within our apartment. I was sound asleep, but the word on the street is that I sat up screaming"Mom...Mom!?!?!" I didn't even remember yelling that out as I sat up, but apparently I really miss my mom! After searching the house and finding out that a command hook had failed me in keeping my broom on the laundry room wall, I was finally at ease and Jenna just couldn't stop laughing about the moment. 

This weekend we checked out Malibu and I really should have rethought UTA and gone to Pepperdine. Poor kids...they must hate being forced to play outside and roll around on the beach all day long. Life must be hard. Pepperdine is outrageously gorgeous, and their tuition proves it.

After a day out we went to meet up with some friends at a restaurant in Hollywood called "El Compadre" or so we thought. The night before on Friday, Jenna had this cool mexican food place up on her laptop, assuming it was the right place I typed the address into my phone...no big deal. Google maps can get you anywhere right?? We exited off the highway, rolled through some neighborhoods...that I am pretty sure I've seen on COPS before, and arrived to our destination of...."El Tepeyac Cafe". I know what you're thinking..."Caleb, you automatically knew you were in the wrong place...right?!?!"

Wrong!! We walked in to look for the party, all the while, we were being eyed up because we were the only "Caucasian" people there. I called the group we were supposed to be meeting up with and sure enough I get the devestating news. They were in West Hollywood. We were in Boyle Heights. Never heard of it? A simple google search will tell you a little bit about Boyle Heights...

We were definitely in the right place for either a good dive restaurant or a drive by shooting... not really sure!


Well...11 miles and 45 minutes later we finally wound up at the right restaurant and it was amazing! The food was great, we were able to met some new people and we had a really good time. Jenna and I laughed all night about our little side trip. The food smelt really good at "El Tepeyac" so who knows we might take a visit...just when it's day time!

To wrap up this blog, I wanted to share my new favorite hobby called straight lining. Some people at TOMS introduced me to this today and I see it as a new challenge. You just tie this tow rope to some tree's and try your best to balance and walk across. They said it's really fun on the beach because the sand offers a softer landing, but we found a pretty sweet place right down the road from HQ. Take a look at this girl. This will be me some-time soon!


1 comment:

  1. Not gonna lie - I spit my coffee out when I read about you screaming for your momma. Jenna - you should feel super safe with your momma's boy, haha!

    And hilarious about Boyle Heights.

    Good post.

    Now...can y'all score me tickets to the Ellen show or what? You're much closer than I am.

    ReplyDelete