Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow in Texas!

     That's right SNOW in Texas! Not just a little snow, but the most snow EVER in one day in the DFW! We were so excited, us Texans go crazy when we see snow, and everything shuts down! No school! Caleb had no work! woo hoo! We are enjoying this day, lounging around the house and trying to stay warm!

     Yesterday along with our friends we took full advantage of the snow and built an igloo!! This was the first time we have had enough snow for this, and let me tell you I have a much greater appreciation for igloo makers now! After 4 hours in the cold snow I thought I was going to die! But we couldn't give up till it was built! Here's a few pictures and when I say few I mean ALOT!



Our Friends Trey and Austen



Snow Angels!


Snowball Fight!!


snowwy love! =)



Building the Igloo



Someone made a snowman out of a car!
I bet the owner of the car wasn't to thrilled..


Out friend Austen's hands turned purple, but he was a trooper
he warmed up a min and got back out there and kept building! 



We're Done! Finally! =)



The Parking lot, I bet its never had this much snow!



Someone made use of our igloo over night, They turned it into a smoke hut!
They left this for us! How nice of them..






Caleb relaxing in the igloo



Igloo is starting to collapse from the snow melting! =(

     We had so much fun building the igloo! We LOVE snow days, but I think Im a true Texan because now after I have had some fun, Im ready for it to melt and bring on warm weather! haha. We made a video tour of our igloo and you can find it here Igloo Tour!

    We hope yall had as much fun in the snow as we did! Be careful out on these slick roads if you decide to go out!

XOXO,
Jenna & Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment