Monday, September 19, 2011

See ya later's

I think Caleb and I both have gained 20 pounds from eating so much these last few weeks. Every night for the last couple weeks we have had "see ya later: dinner's or parties (I call them see ya later dinners, I dont like the word good bye so much now) to go to which is all fun and games until we are getting ready for the next dinner but we cant find any pants that will button. None the less we have had such a good time getting together with all of our awesome friends and family these last few weeks. I think everyone knows how much we are going to miss Tex-Mex food because we have had fajitas for 4 days in a row, but hey we aren't complaining! 

We have had a great weekend my mom planned a family get together on Saturday night which consisted of family game night which is one of my favorite things to do. I love family game night (yes I realize my children are going to hate me for this one day). Our good friends  The Hodges planned us a "Farewell Fiesta" party on Sunday, Rachel is so thoughtful and had so many cute details and of course some of her gourmet cooking. Then we got together with The Coffee's a family I nannied for during college and it is so crazy how big the girls are now. 


This is Grace the middle child of the 3, she is only 13!! Can you believe that??

We also got to go over and see The Richardson's another family I nannied for and we were so happy to be able to play with the kids before we leave. They are so funny. 


This is Milo he is the youngest of the three but not for long, baby #4 will be here in just a few weeks! 


We have been planning outdoor family pictures for a couple of months now since we are leaving and we haven't had family pics taken in awhile and I know we have been praying for rain for how many months now but whoever prayed for it on Friday night Im going to hurt. How does it happen that we haven't had rain in months but as soon as I get ready for pictures it pours!? We did end up getting some but they are all underneath this covered porch.... so when we get them back and I post them and you see the same picture but different poses over and over again you will know why... Also side-note if you notice I'm hiding behind my sister in a lot of them its because I (or caleb) may or may not have left my pants for that outfit at home.... and tights as pants is not really my idea of a cute outfit. 

We only have today and tomorrow left to pack because we are loading up the truck on Wednesday! Which means I probably will not be sleeping between now and wednesday... Caleb leaves with his dad to make the two day drive on Thursday morning and I fly out on Saturday to meet them there. We are both so mentally and physically drained right now its hard for us to even have time to sit and think about actually moving. I cant really wrap my head around the idea of us not living in Texas anymore. I have told some people its almost like eternity you can't really fully grasp that its forever. I honestly feel like I am just flying out there for a trip. I have never flown on a plane to move somewhere and stay there so I just cant imagine it, it seems so surreal. 

I think its a good thing that we have been so incredibly busy because we don't have the time to sit around and think about how much we are going to miss Texas and our friends and family. I think God plans things that way. But I will tell you one thing I am sooo looking forward to the day that I can come home and just sit for awhile with nothing else to do or to worry about... or since I'll be in California, I can go sit on the beach and not do anything... haha I just had to rub that in. 

As we have been packing we have found some weird/funny things we forgot we had but the worst of all was when I was taking out my shower caddy and found that I have been using this for weeks.... 













No comments:

Post a Comment