Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Break

We had our own little Thanksgiving just the two of us on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I made everything from scratch myself and I must say I have a new found appreciation for all the Mothers and Grandmothers who do this every year. I worked on this dinner for hours and I mean hours. In the end everything turned out alright except the dressing. It looked good had good flavor but the texture was mush. I definitely put too much broth. But you live and you learn right?

Also no one ever shows you the aftermath that cooking a big Thanksgiving meal does to your kitchen but this is what happens...



So not only do you cook for hours you get to clean for hours too! Isn't growing up so much fun? wah wah wah


After our big dinner we got out all the Christmas stuff and decorated the house! Of course we   made our traditional apple cider to drink while we worked =)


He likes to pretend like he doesn't love it as much as me




I love putting Christmas decorations up and every year I get so excited and this year wasn't any different. But I must say that I am having a hard time this year staying in the Christmas mood. I think its the climate out here. I love the weather but it is just so weird to have all my decorations up, along with wearing shorts and going to the beach. Its just weird. I'm so hoping that when we get to Texas for Christmas that it will be cold. I need the cold weather for it to actually be Christmas! 

Since this Thanksgiving it was just the two of us and he had several days off work we took a spur of the moment trip to Las Vegas... why not make the most of it? So we joined everyone else who didn't have plans for Thanksgiving touring Las Vegas. While we were eating lunch one day Caleb asked me "Does anyone here know that it is Thanksgiving?" and this answer to that I'm quite sure is a big fat NO. It was crazy everything how everything was open as usual like there was no holiday at all. 

We had a great trip and it was nice just to get away for a few days and take a mini vacation. I'll leave you with a few pics from our time there. 












Okay I have to tell you about this Hot dog. Its from Pink's which they have a couple here in LA and I have heard about how good they are and every time we drive by there is always a really long line. So they must be delicious right? No they were terrible, worst hot dog I have had in my life. The skin was so tough I couldn't even bite it I had to cut it to eat it. Terrible. Don't go if you ever see one. 






No comments:

Post a Comment